What Is Personal Information?
“Personal information” means information or an opinion that is capable of reasonably identifying an individual, whether that information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Types Of Personal Information Collected
The types of personal information we may collect from you includes (but is not limited to): your name, postal address, email address, telephone or mobile phone number(s), information such as credit or debit card information, your opinions on our products and details of, for example, your skin routine, health conditions and lifestyle if you book our Skin Consultation.
Manner Of Collection
We may collect personal information from you in variety of ways, including when you:
- sign-up for an account on our Website or when you manage/change your account information;
- place orders for and/or purchase our products;
- purchase, book and participate in our Skin Consultation to receive skin care recommendations;
- visit the Website, Facebook page and/or Instagram account and provide comments;
- provide feedback on our products or customer service by, for example, email, phone or via our Website or social media pages;
- contact us by phone, email, post or via our Website enquiry forms;
- enquire about collaborating with us;
- subscribe to receive our newsletter emails or other promotional materials; and
- sign-up to participate in surveys, competitions or other promotional activities.
(Please note that our promotions, competitions and surveys are usually subject to their own terms and conditions, which may also address additional privacy matters.)
We may also collect your personal information from third parties. This may include (but is not limited to):
- law enforcement agencies and other government entities;
- payment service providers;
- someone duly authorised to act on your behalf; and
- market research service providers.
Your personal information will only be collected from third parties if it is unreasonable or impractical to collect that personal information from you directly. If and when we do collect personal information from third parties, we will take reasonable steps in the circumstances to inform you of this collection and obtain your consent.
Use Of Personal Information
Soul To Skin Wellness may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including the following:
- registering, setting up and managing customer accounts;
- processing transactions and fulfilling orders for products and services;
- responding to your questions, comments and requests and to otherwise provide customer services;
- to administer promotions, surveys and competitions;
- carrying out market research and product analysis and development;
- marketing our products and services and providing you with information and updates, such as newsletters or offers of promotional events or opportunities (such as competitions or surveys) that you may be interested in;
- the prevention of fraud and/or identifying and investigating any suspicious use of our Website;
- for our internal business and management processes, for example, accounting or auditing purposes;
- for any other purpose to allow us to comply with our obligations under law
- for any other purposes that would reasonably be expected by you.
Soul To Skin Wellness may use third parties to provide essential services on our Website or for our business processes. We may share your details as necessary for the third party to provide that service. These third parties may include:
- third party service providers, dealers, agents and contractors who assist us in managing our business or operating our Website, such as business support services, payment processors, web-hosting service providers, cloud storage providers, mailing houses and delivery service providers etc. For example, our Website is operated by SquareSpace. As a result, when you use our Website, SquareSpace may collect your name, email address, shipping and billing address, payment details, phone number, IP address and device data. SquareSpace requires this information so that it can provide us with its website services;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct;
- our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors;
- anyone to whom our assets or business (or any part of them) may be transferred;
- law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law; and
- regulatory or government bodies for the purposes of resolving customer complaints or investigations.
While these third parties are ordinarily Australian-based, please be aware that SquareSpace Ireland is located in Ireland and its affiliated companies are based in the USA (so your personal information will be transferred to those locations).
Check the “Help” menu of your browser for more information on how to change your cookie preferences. You may disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you do disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our Website and you may experience some errors. Refer to your browser instructions or help screens to learn about these functions.
Storage Of Personal Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to maintain the integrity and store securely your personal information to protect it from interference, misuse and loss and from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure.
When you enter information, such as credit card numbers, on our Website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We never permanently store complete credit card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can email us at email@example.com
Soul To Skin Wellness sends newsletters via email to those who subscribe to the service. Our Newsletters contain the latest product information, news and promotional offers. If you would like to unsubscribe, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the unsubscribe link in any electronic Newsletter we send to you.
Access And Correction Of Personal Information
You are entitled to access and correct the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in the information corrected. However, in order to maintain the accuracy of your personal information, we rely on the quality of the personal information you provide to us.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our products or services, you may correct, update or delete your personal information by logging into your account or deactivate your account by emailing us at email@example.com or by contacting us using the Contact Details below.
If you would like to access any of the personal information we hold about you, you may do so by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting us using the Contact Details below and informing us that you wish to access your personal information.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
Once we receive your request for access, we will endeavour to respond to your request within a reasonable period after the request is made.
If you have any concerns or a complaint about a breach of your privacy or the way we have handled your personal information, please email email@example.com or contact us using the Contact Details below and inform us of the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Soul To Skin Wellness.
LAST UPDATED: 25 May 2018